Municipal Voorschoten
HOME  |  Products and services A-Z  |  Traffic safety in the municipality, report

Traffic safety in the municipality, report

  • Wat is het?

    What is it?

    To improve road safety in urban areas there are 30km/h zones established. Speed bumps, road narrowing, and narrow lanes need to slow down traffic. This mainly concerns residential areas, shopping areas, schools and other places where there are many pedestrians, cyclists and children.

    Report unsafe traffic situations to the municipality.
    In addition to the 30km/h zones, there are also 60km/h zones. These zones are also established to improve road safety. 60km/h zones are always outside urban areas, but are often also under control of the municipality. In 60km/h zones there are also speed bumps, road narrowing and smaller lanes to slow down traffic.

  • Direct online regelen

    Arrange it online

    The municipality Voorschoten works with eIDAS: the European electronic identification and trust services. For more information on eIDAS.

  • Wat moet ik doen?

    What should I do?

    If there is an unsafe traffic situation, you can report this to the municipality. Please include the following information:
    •    The precise location
    •    The reason for your report
    If you think that the municipality should assign your street or neighbourhood as a 30km/h zone, it Is best to place this request with your neighbours together.
    Besides the municipality, there are also other road managers within the boundaries of the municipality, such as Rijkwaterstaat and the province. Measures to slow down traffic are carried out by these road managers. If you are not sure who is the road manager, you can ask the municipality.

    The municipality often receives the request to place repeat signs within a 30km/h zone, but the municipality is reluctant to place these repeat signs. Each situation will be reviewed to see whether a repeat sign or a warning sign will improve the traffic safety.

  • Hoe lang duurt het?

    How long does it take?

    It is not always possible to answer you within a few days, however you will always receive feedback from the municipality.