Municipal Voorschoten
HOME  |  Products and services A-Z  |  Extract or copy civil status

Extract or copy civil status

  • Wat is het?

    What is it?

    The municipality records important life events in the civil registry. If you need to prove a birth, decease, marriage, divorce or partner registration, you need a copy or extract from the civil registry.

    A copy (afschrift) contains all the data from the certificate from the civil registry. An extract (uittreksel) contains limited information from the certificate.

  • Direct online regelen

    Arrange it online

    The municipality Voorschoten works with eIDAS: the European electronic identification and trust services. For more information on eIDAS.

  • Wat moet ik doen?

    What should I do?

    You request a copy or extract of civil status at the municipality where the certificate initially is made. Clearly indicate on your request why you need the extract or copy. It is also possible to request an international version.

    Request an extract

    It is possible to request an extract for the following persons:

    • For yourself;
    • For your child. Even when they are above the age of 16;
    • For someone else, when being authorized (see section: what do I need?)
    International extract

    An international extract can be received in several languages. If you need an international extract, mention this in your request. A copy of civil status is only provided in Dutch. Whenever the municipality does not provide a particular language, you can let the extract be translated by a sworn translator.

    Authorize someone else

    You can authorize another person to request the extract for you. In this case, you should let them bring a letter, stating the following:

    • The reason why you need the extract or copy;
    • The name of the person being authorized;
    • Your signature;
    • The signature of the person being authorized.

    Make sure that the person that is being authorized, has a copy of your identification card.

  • Wat heb ik nodig?

    What do I need?

    Digital request

    If you possess an DigiD or eIDAS, you can fill in the digital form.

    Personal request

    You retrieve the copy or extract yourself at the municipality. Make sure to bring a valid identity document, such as a passport, driving license or Dutch identity card).

    Authorizing someone else

    It is possible that you give someone the authority to retrieve the copy or extract civil status from the municipality for you. To do this you need to write a letter stating that you give someone the authority to do this. Also state the reason for your request. The letter must be signed by you and that person you want to give authority to. The authorized person needs to bring this letter to the municipality, together with his or her identification and a copy of your identification.

  • Hoe lang duurt het?

    How long does it take?

    • Whenever the request is made at the municipality, you or the authorized person will receive the extract or copy immediately.
    • In the case of a digital request, the municipality will send the extract or copy by mail within 3 working days.

  • Wat kost het ?

    What are the costs?


    Extract/copy: €13,80

    Fees regulation

  • Aanvullende informatie

    Additional information

    If you need the extract for international use, indicate this when you make the request. You will receive the extract in a special form and in multiple languages.

  • Online een afspraak maken?

    Make an appointment?

    Make an appointment?